Discover more about the unique history and culture of the city of Inverness and the Scottish Highlands at Inverness Museum and Art Gallery. Explore our fascinating range of artefacts and collections that celebrate Highland life and heritage. Our galleries feature both permanent and temporary exhibitions, which includes work from local artists and crafters in our community, to those further afield.
Inverness Museum and Art Gallery is ready to welcome you back, however, we all have our part to play.
We have put all the required safety measures in place for our staff and visitors.
- Limiting visitor numbers to ensure social distancing. We are still operating at reduced capacity, so apologies if there is a queue.
- Frequent cleaning in high contact areas and additional hygiene measures.
- Adding hand sanitiser stations around the museum spaces.
- Introducing a one-way system so different households can stay 2m apart.
- Face coverings in our spaces are mandatory for people over 5 years of age (exceptions accepted).
- Collecting visitors’ details using our High Life Highland Trace and Protect app.
Booking is advisable, but not essential.
There is a maximum capacity, so to ensure you can visit at the time you want, please make a booking. Please help us by arriving on time for your booking, and let us know if you are unable to make your visit, so we can reallocate your space.
For those that haven’t booked, we will collect your details through our High Life Highland Trace and Protect app.
We are doing everything we can to make the museum safe, which means your visit will be different to normal, but as always we aim for you to have a great day out!
Please be aware of the travel restrictions in your area before booking to visit us. Unfortunately we are unable to accept bookings at this time from any tier 3 or 4 area in Scotland, or any area in the UK under lockdown.
Inverness Museum & Art Gallery, Castle Wynd, Inverness, Highland, IV2 3EB
Tel: +44 (0) 1349 781730 email: [email protected]