Discover more about the unique history and culture of the city of Inverness and the Scottish Highlands at Inverness Museum and Art Gallery. Explore our fascinating range of artefacts and collections that celebrate Highland life and heritage. Our galleries feature both permanent and temporary exhibitions, which includes work from local artists and crafters in our community, to those further afield.
Inverness Museum and Art Gallery has decided to maintain mitigation measures, including managing capacities and visitor flow, use of hand sanitation stations and enhanced cleaning protocols, until otherwise announced, in accordance guidance from High Life Highland and the endorsed industry best practice by ASVA: the Association of Scottish Visitor Attractions.
- Maintaining a maximum capacity of 90 persons to allow for adequate ventilation. We are still operating at a reduced capacity, so apologies if there is a queue.
- Face coverings in our spaces are mandatory for people over 12 years of age (exceptions accepted).
- Collecting visitors’ details using the “Check-In Scotland” app.
- Frequent cleaning in high contact areas and additional hygiene measures.
- Hand sanitiser stations available around the museum spaces.
*** 2021/22 Festive Opening Hours***
Sat 25 Dec – Tues 28 Dec – CLOSED
Wed 29 & Thurs 30 Dec – Open 12.00 – 16.00
Fri 31 Dec – Open 11.00 – 16.00
Sat 1 Jan – Tues 4 Jan – CLOSED
Reopening Wed 5 Jan to usual opening hours…
Inverness Museum & Art Gallery, Castle Wynd, Inverness, Highland, IV2 3EB
Tel: +44 (0) 1349 781730 email: [email protected]