The Model (School Based)
This community sport hub is based around Inverness Royal Academy and sports centre.
Inverness Royal Academy Community Sport Hub has been developed in partnership with the school, High Life Highland, community clubs and national governing body staff. The group will work together to provide:
- A vibrant facility that meets the needs of its users and promotes local sporting opportunities.
- Effective pathways between schools and clubs, allowing young people to reach their potential.
- A home for sport in the local area where clubs can meet to share ideas, resources and promote their sport to the local community.
Who is Involved:
The Inverness Royal Academy Community Sport Hub is the first hub within the town of Inverness. It was decided to create this project alongside the development of a new school and community sports facility which is operated by High Life Highland. A community engagement meeting was held in early 2016 and there was clear buy in to the project from a range of clubs & stakeholders.
Inverness Royal Academy has a school roll of approximately 1100 and 10 feeder schools that have a combined school roll of 1400. The school management and PE department support the project.
Key Aspirations For 2023/24:
- Re-develop foundations for working towards a sustainable community sport hub.
- Re-engage clubs and individuals with the CSH project.
- Strengthen the link between sports clubs, the school and facility.
- Look to connect with other secondary schools within the area and create active communities, with strong links to more clubs in the area.
Meetings are held in the school PE classroom, please get in touch if you wish to find out more about the project or attend a meeting, all welcome.
Clubs and Organisations:
- Inverness Caledonian Thistle Community Development Trust
- Inverness Tennis & Squash Club
- Highland Hockey Club
- Highland Rugby Club
- Inverness Orienteering Club
- Inverness Craig Dunain RFC
- Northern Judo Club
- Inverness Bike Polo
- Inverness Disc Golf Club
For more information contact one of our dedicated Community Sport Hub Officers:
Katie Matthews – Community Sport Hubs Officer (North Highland), High Life Highland
Hugo Crush – Community Sport Hubs Officer (South Highland), High Life Highland
Find us on Facebook: