The Conservation Studios
Staffed by professionally trained accredited conservators, the Conservation Studios based at the Highland Archive Centre, Inverness and the Highland Folk Museum, Newtonmore play a fundamental role in preserving the heritage collections of the Highlands.
The fully equipped studios provide Preservation and Conservation services for Inverness Museum, the Highland Folk Museum collections and the four Highland Archive Service repositories, in Inverness, Caithness, Lochaber, and Skye & Lochalsh
The service also offers conservation and preservation services to external clients, and is registered on the Institute of Conservation (ICON) Conservation Register
The Conservation Studio provides a varied range of treatments for conservation and preservation. Click here for leaflet.
Services available to meet clients needs include:
- Stabilising and treatment of archaeological and historic artefacts.
- Pottery, porcelain and glass repairs.
- Conservation Condition Surveys
- Binding and repair of volumes, parchment and paper documents, plans, maps and seals.
- Preparation of documents for digitisation.
- Production of bespoke boxes and folders for documents and volumes.
- Encapsulation of documents in transparent archival polyester sleeves.
- Advice on archival and artefact storage, exhibition and environmental management.
For conservation information and advice please contact Richard Aitken, Senior Conservator
Tel: 01463 256444. Email: email@example.com