The purpose of LSAWG is to develop and promote sport & physical activity opportunities in the Lochaber area and be a mechanism for clubs and organisations to collaborate. The project is being driven by a working group made up of High Life Highland, West Highland College, Highlands & Islands Student Association, sportscotland, Lochaber Sports Association and local sports clubs. LSAWG are currently working on the following priorities:
- Deliver a package of coach CPD, 1st aid, SPC, coach connect
- Engage the wider community to establish local need/opportunities
- Develop a local tutor workforce
- Deliver a package of volunteer workshops – funding, social media & governance
- Explore student projects and placements with clubs
- Develop local sports promotion inc tasters days
- Support clubs to develop and create new clubs
Who is involved?
The working group meets every quarter in West Highland College. Please get in touch for further info about training courses and meeting dates.
Community Sport Hub Officer: Donald Hall
T: 01349 781691 / 07795 825626
Active Schools Coordinator: Bridget Thomas