All of Highland Archive Service facilities have now reopened to the public.
Summary of our updated procedures;
- We are offering appointments between 10.00am – 12.30pm and 2.00pm – 4.30pm
- Highland Archive Centre (Inverness) – Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Nucleus; The Nuclear and Caithness Archives (Wick) – Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre (Portree) – Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Lochaber Archive Centre (Fort William) – Fridays by appointment only
- We recommend that you make an appointment and pre-order all documents before visiting. Please do this at least 2 days in advance to ensure that the documents you require are available.
- Drop-in customers will also be accomodated as far as possible on the day.
- We can provide access to original archive documents, PCs, microfiche and microfiche readers and reference books.
- Bookable appointment slots for ScotlandsPeople at Highland Archive Centre are available on a limited basis; please contact [email protected] to register your interest.
- You must wear a face covering whilst moving throughout the building (exceptions accepted).
- Hand sanitising stations will be in place throughout our buildings.
- The buildings will close over lunchtime (12.30pm-2.00pm) to allow for enhanced cleaning of public areas.
- Please note that, in line with Scottish Government guidance, we will retain your name and contact details for use in Test and Protect for 21 days.
For more detailed guidance on what to expect during your visit, select the Centre you wish to use: