- January 15, 2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
This workshop is part of the ‘Coach Connect’ programme.
This new workshop has been developed by Dr Malcolm Fairweather, the Head of Science and Innovation at sportscotland’s Scottish Institute of Sport. It will introduce how the coaching process and the environment a coach creates can impact upon the following:
- Coordination and Control
- The likelihood for skill exploration
- The number of ‘trials’ and feedback experienced
- Skill retention and transfer
- An understanding of the importance of errors,
- Maintaining a level of skill performance under pressure
- How an athlete adapts and learns given number of trials and their understanding of errors
The workshop will also introduce and explore the two laws of movement (influencing movement time/reaction time) and how these laws impact upon coach and athlete behaviour using practical elements throughout the workshop session.
For more info please contact Elissa Steven on 07788 387603 or [email protected]
Venue: West Highland College