Traditional Music Classes: (TMC)
Learn to play, appreciate and enjoy Scottish music in a friendly, supportive and fun environment.
Anyone over the age of 8 years is welcome to come along to Traditional Music Classes (TMC).
Some instruments or styles have specific classes for children and adults, whereas others focus more on ability level, rather than age.
To book in person (cash or cheque only) complete the booking form and return to Charleston Community Centre with payment
You can now book and pay ONLINE (credit / debit card) for all the TMC classes – Click Here
If you have any queries please email [email protected]
Traditional Music Classes: January June 2019
Classes Start wc January 14th 2019* through to Tuesday June 11th 2019
*apart from Accordion which starts Thursday Feb 7th 2019
End of term Concert will be on Tuesday June 11th 6pm at Spectrum Centre
There will be a break at Easter from 08/04/18-22/08/18.
All classes will resume after Easter on Tuesday 23rd April*
*apart from Chanter which will resume on Monday May 13th
Fiddle: Adult: £120.00 (45 min class) Child: £90.00 (30 min class) x 20 sessions
Chanter: Adult: £127.50 (1 hour class) Child: £110.50 (1 hour class) x 17 sessions
Whistle: Adult: £150.00 (1 hour class) Child: £130.00 (1 hour class) x 20 sessions
Accordion: Adult: £97.75 (40 Min class) Child: £85.00 (40 Min class) x 17 sessions
Classes take place at:
Charleston Academy / Community Complex, Kinmylies, Inverness, IV3 8ET T: 01463 220 128
Cameron Youth Centre, Plainfield Road, Inverness, IV3 5DM T: 01463 234 785
1. If the form is completed on behalf of a child the parent or guardian must sign the form.
2. Applications are accepted on a first come first served basis.
3. All classes must be booked and paid for in advance.
4. The appropriate fee must accompany the booking form. Cheques should be made payable to “Highland Council”. Please do not send cash through the post.
5. No refunds will be given, except where an event is cancelled by High Life Highland. High Life Highland reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the time or venue of any event.
6. All events organised by High Life Highland are covered by its public liability insurance for any claim of negligence attributable to High Life Highland.
7. High Life Highland reserves the right to exclude people from any of its activities if they display any dangerous or inappropriate behaviour
General Data Protection Regulations
Want to find out more about Music provision via High Life Highland? Go to: https://www.highlifehighland.com/music-tuition/