Home » Featured Post » Kilmuir Estate

Kilmuir Estate

Valtos Crofters

Kilmuir Estate was purchased in 1855 by Captain William Fraser from the Trustee of Lord MacDonald’s Estate. It comprised of the whole parish of Kilmuir and part of the parish of Snizort. This collection contains insight into the Valtos crofters uprising, the great flood of Uig, Rental records that can add to Genealogy research. This archive collection provides insight into Captains Frasers involvement with the Highland Clearances on Skye.